I. Who should enroll?
The Cisco CCNA® Security course is designed for Cisco Networking Academy® students seeking career-oriented, entry-level security specialist skills. Target students include individuals enrolled in technology degree programs at institutions of higher education and IT professionals who want to enhance their core routing and switching skills. CCNA Security provides a next step for CCENT or CCNA Routing and Switching students who want to expand their skill set to prepare for a career in network security.
Upon completion of the CCNA Security course, students will be able to perform the following tasks:
● Explain network threats, mitigation techniques, and the basics of securing a network
● Secure administrative access on Cisco routers
● Secure administrative access with AAA
● Implement firewall technologies to secure the network perimeter
● Configure IPS to mitigate attacks on the network
● Describe LAN security considerations and implement endpoint and Layer 2 security features
● Describe methods for implementing data confidentiality and integrity
● Implement secure virtual private networks
● Implement an ASA firewall configuration using the CLI
● Implement an ASA firewall configuration and VPNs using ASDM
● Test network security and create a technical security policy