I. Who should enroll?
The HCIA1 course focuses on providing a naturally progressive path of learning towards developing expertise in the implementation and maintenance of Huawei enterprise networks. This step-by-step training establishes a firm foundational knowledge of data communications, and establishment of fundamental networks, with gradual implementation of Switching, Routing, WAN, Security technologies and services to establish industry relevant enterprise networks. The modularity of the course allows for selective reading to accommodate for each stage of personal development.
Students who complete Introduction to Networks will be able to perform the following functions:
- Explain network technologies.
- Explain how devices access local and remote network resources.
- Implement basic network connectivity between devices.
- Design an IP addressing scheme to provide network connectivity for a small to medium-sized business network.
- Describe router hardware.
- Explain how switching operates in a small to medium-sized business network.
- Configure monitoring tools available for small to medium-sized business networks.
- Configure initial settings on a network device.