I. Who should enroll?
- Windows Server administrators who are relatively new to Windows Server administration and
related technologies, and who want to learn more about the storage and compute features in Windows Server 2016.
- IT professionals with general IT knowledge who are looking to gain knowledge about Windows Server especially around storage and compute technologies in Windows Server 2016.
- The secondary audiences for this course are IT professionals looking to take the Microsoft 70740 certification exam, Installation, Storage and Compute with Windows Server 2016.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A basic understanding of networking fundamentals.
- An awareness and understanding of security best practices.
- An understanding of basic AD DS concepts.
- Basic knowledge of server hardware.
- Experience supporting and configuring Windows client operating systems such as Windows 8
or Windows 10.
- Additionally, students would benefit from having some previous Windows Server operating
system experience, such as experience as a Windows Server systems administrator.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Prepare and install Nano Server, a Server Core installation, and plan a server upgrade and
- Describe the various storage options, including partition table formats, basic and dynamic
disks, file systems, virtual hard disks, and drive hardware, and explain how to manage disks
- Describe enterprise storage solutions, and select the appropriate solution for a given situation
- Implement and manage Storage Spaces and Data Deduplication
- Install and configure Microsoft Hyper-V, and configure virtual machines
- Deploy, configure, and manage Windows and Hyper-V containers
- Describe the high availability and disaster recovery technologies in Windows Server 2016
- Plan, create, and manage a failover cluster
- Implement failover clustering for Hyper-V virtual machines
- Configure a Network Load Balancing (NLB) cluster, and plan for an NLB implementation
- Create and manage deployment images
- Manage, monitor, and maintain virtual machine installations