I. Who should enroll?
The Cisco® IT Essentials curriculum is designed for Cisco Networking Academy® students in upper secondary schools, technical schools, and colleges or universities who want to pursue careers in IT and learn how computers work, how to assemble computers, and how to troubleshoot hardware and software issues.
Upon completion of the IT Essentials v7.0 course, students will be able to perform the following tasks:
● Select the appropriate computer components to build, repair, or upgrade personal computers.
● Explain how to correctly use tools and safely work in a lab.
● Install components to build, repair, or upgrade personal computers.
● Explain how to perform preventive maintenance and troubleshooting on personal computers.
● Install Windows operation systems.
● Perform management and maintenance of Windows operating systems.
● Configure computers to communicate on a network.
● Configure devices to connect to the Internet and Cloud services.
● Explain how to use, configure, and manage laptops and mobile devices.
● Explain how to configure, secure and troubleshoot mobile, OS X, and Linux operating systems.
● Install and share a printer to meet requirements.
● Implement basic host, data, and network security.
● Explain the roles and responsibilities of the IT professional.
● Troubleshoot advanced hardware and software problems.