I. Who should enroll?
The CyberOps Associate course is designed for Cisco Networking Academy® students who are seeking career oriented, entry-level security analyst skills. Target students include individuals enrolled in technology degree programs at institutions of higher education and IT professionals who want to pursue a career in the Security Operation Center (SOC). Learners in this course are exposed to all of the foundational knowledge required to detect, analyze, and escalate basic cybersecurity threats using common open-source tools. This course aligns with the Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate (CBROPS) certification. Candidates need to pass the 200-201 CBROPS exam to achieve the Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate certification.
Upon completion of the CyberOps Associate v1.0 course, students will be able to perform the following tasks:
● Install virtual machines to create a safe environment for implementing and analyzing cybersecurity threat events.
● Explain the role of the Cybersecurity Operations Analyst in the enterprise.
● Explain the Windows Operating System features and characteristics needed to support cybersecurity analyses.
● Explain the features and characteristics of the Linux Operating System.
● Analyze the operation of network protocols and services.
● Explain the operation of the network infrastructure.
● Classify the various types of network attacks.
● Use network monitoring tools to identify attacks against network protocols and services.
● Use various methods to prevent malicious access to computer networks, hosts, and data.
● Explain the impacts of cryptography on network security monitoring.
● Explain how to investigate endpoint vulnerabilities and attacks.
● Evaluate network security alerts.
● Analyze network intrusion data to identify compromised hosts and vulnerabilities.
● Apply incident response models to manage network security incidents.